Greetings from Guidance!
Hermon High School Guidance Services are designed to meet the academic, social and emotional needs of the students.
- Advisement Services: Course scheduling, academic advising and post-secondary options.
- Counseling: Individual and small group meetings are available for students to discuss issues of concern, including occupational/educational choices, academic concerns and interpersonal and personal issues.
- Informational Services: Information on occupations, post-high school educational opportunities, and information relating to financial aid is available.
- Referrals: Students may be referred to other agencies, counselors, or individuals that can aid or facilitate a resolution to particular problems that may exist, such as health or social-emotional problems. Counselors will work with parents in this referral process.
- Testing Services: Assessments are offered at various times to help students understand more about their aptitudes, interests, and abilities (i.e. ReadiStep, PSAT, SAT, AP)
Students and parents are encouraged to utilize the guidance office resources and meet with their counselor to discuss any issues of concern.